Research has revealed that you can literally "WALK, TALK & LAUGH" out of your stress & worries.
BEATING STRESS IS NOW JUST A WALK IN THE PARK, WHY?
Medical studies have revealed that walking not only combats the risk of developing life threatening diseases such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, depression and dementia, but it's a sure cure or medicine to stress and anxiety.
NOW, YOUR HOUSE HOLD CHORES CAN PUT A SPRING IN YOUR STEP! HOW?
A research survey team asked 19,842 people how much and what type of physical activity they had every week. They were also questioned on their state of mind. The results proved that walking and simple domestic tasks like doing the dishes, mopping the floor etc not only reduced stress but also enhanced their mood by up to 20 percent.
SO, HOW DOES WALKING PUT YOUR TROUBLED MIND TO REST
* Endorphins - your body's natural 'chill pills' are triggered when you WALK, this relieve pain and stimulate your sense of health and wellbeing.
* Walking also enhances your breathing and sends more blood to your brain. When the brain is well-oxygenated, your thought processes acts against anxiety, anger and frustration.
* Swinging your arms in opposition to your legs works the left-right brain connection.
* All these stimulates your mind and form a severe combat team against stress and other negative emotions like self doubt, hopelessness, anxiety, irritability & worry.
HOW TO GET THE MAXIMUM STRESS REDUCTION FROM WALKING?
* Find a friend who is ready to walk with you
* Let off your steam while chatting to your friend whilst walking
* Share some jokes and laugh your heart out. It's also a good time to do so!
Talking - to a loved one, supportive friend or therapist-aids in positive evaluation and examination and contemplation of stressful experiences and ultimately find ways to solve the issues relating to such experiences. It can help you reduce the intensity of intrusive thoughts connected to stressful experiences.
Humour and laughter strengthen your immune system, boost your energy, diminish pain, and protect you from the damaging effects of stress.
The therapeutic benefits of laughter were studied at the Maryland School of Medicine on 20 men and women. The results were baffling as 95% of the volunteers experienced increased blood flow while watching funny movies.
Best of all, this priceless medicine is fun, free, and easy to use.
Here are some more ways to practice laughter and add zest to your life:
* Practice smiling first
* Always mingle with people who laugh and are light hearted
* Always count the positive side of the stressful incidence
* Reflect on your successes
* Always try to bring humour in your conversations
NOW JUST WALK, TALK & LAUGH AWAY YOUR STRESS WITH YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY