When it comes to work, stress is a very common phenomenon that can strike in at any minute. You are stressed because you are supposed to meet your deadline, but your stress makes all your effort and hard work go waste. What do you do when you are stressed and tired? You relax. There is always time to stop for few minutes and relax, at least for the sake of your work. Here are few tips you can take help from:
1. Breathe: Close your eyes and take few deep breaths. It will help you relax instantly. Try picturing yourself lying on a bed of flowers or on a cozy velvet throne. This may help you a lot when you want to take a quick break from your work and give your mind some rest.
2. Drink some tea: When I say tea, it doesn’t imply that you need to get some caffeine rush in your body. Drink some green tea with chamomile or peppermint. It will help you to relax and concentrate better.
3. Deviate yourself with some ‘nothings’: it is proven that a normal individual can concentrate on anything for just 15 minutes. One needs to take a break from what they are working on to something else. Let it be drawing something on a paper or reading some jokes and amazing facts, you need to engage yourself in doing something else for a minute. This would help you to concentrate better afterwards on your work.
4. Get some fresh air: You often get stressed when you are working under a fluorescent light and the ducted air conditioner is chilling your skin. It’s time that you take a walk outside and get some fresh air. It helps in freshening up your mood and clear stress away. Spend some time looking at nature, the birds around or the leaves of the trees growing there. They are relaxing and soothing.
5. Try some gossip: Studies show that those people who gossip about their office are more likely to perform better than those who don’t. A little gossip is anyways not bad for health. Try gossiping about your office and work to other colleagues, but remember that moderation is the key.
So here were few tips for instant mind refreshment and de-stressing. You will definitely discover some more as you de-stress more often while working.