Exams are round the corner. Here is how you boost your brain power with guava. Know the nutrition power of guava and just eat it!
GUAVA NUTRITION FACT FILE
* The B group of vitamins like Vitamin B3 and B6 are found abundantly in guava. Vitamin B3, promotes blood circulation, thereby stimulating brain function. Vitamin B6, helps in nerve and brain function.
* Guava a tropical fruit is packed with vitamins. Guava has an unique taste and a rich flavour that lingers in your mouth. The fruit is categorized as a super fruit.Though the tree originated in Central & South America, it is now widely grown all across the globe.
* Low in fat & calories
* Rich in essential vitamins,minerals and anti-oxidants that boosts immunity.
* Excellent source of Vitamin C(1oo gms of guava contains 3 times the daily recommendations of Vitamin C)
* Great source of soluble fibre
* Acts as a laxative
* Guavas contain copper promoting healthy thyroid function and aids the production and absorption of hormones.
* The rich manganese content in guava acts as an enzyme activator utilising nutrients.
* Women with fertility problems listen please! Eat guavas and fix your fertility properties. Guavas contain a good amount of folate, which promotes fertility.
* The abundance of Vitamin A found in guavas keeps eye problems at bay.
* The Vitamin E content found in guava is good for the skin too. The anti oxidant and astringent properties found in guavas nourishes the skin. Skin ailments like scurvy can be dealt with guava as it is rich in Vitamin C.
* Pink guavas contain twice the amount of lycopene present in tomatoes. Lycopene protects the skin from UV rays damage and resists prostate cancer.
* Regular consumption of fruits rich in Vitamin C helps the body develop resistance towards diseases and eliminates cancer causing agents from the body.
Now for a recipe
* 2 large guavas
* 2 tbsp sugar( a little excess if required)
* 1 tbsp ginger juice
* 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
* Wash and cut the guavas into large cubes.
* Boil them in a saucepan with 2 cups of water along with the sugar.
* Allow it to boil and cook in sim till the guavas are tender.
* Let it cool totally and then purée in a blender.
* Add the lemon juice and ginger juice and mix well.
* Take a glass and fill half the glass with the pulp and the rest with chilled water and serve immediately.
* Repeat the process to make 5-6 more glasses.
Tips To make ginger juice
Grate ginger and place it in a muslin cloth and squeeze out the juice.