There was once a small baby, who told me in a grocery shop, “Didi, lets have them those white onions, I like them”. When I turned to see the white onions, they actually were garlic. I smiled and got around 250 grams of garlic for the baby boy’s whole wheat pasta. I was wondering what are the health benefits of a garlic? Do you want to know? Here are some:
1. Antibacterial and Antiviral: Garlic has antibacterial and antiviral properties. These qualities help to control bacterial, viral, and fungal infections. It also helps to prevent food poisoning.
2. To treat skin infections: Garlic also helps to prevent skin infections like ringworm. This is due to the chemical ajoene that is found in them.
3. Blood thinning: The chemical ajoene found in garlic has anti-clotting properties, and prevents the changes of stroke.
4. Reduce blood pressure: The angiotensin II chemical present in the garlic helps to reduce high blood preassure in a person, and keeps his heart healthy.
5. Reduce cholesterol: Garlic has the ability to moderately lower the LDL and curb the problem of cholesterol in the blood vessels.
6. Combat allergies: Garlic is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and helps to fight allergies. This is due to diallyl sulphide and thiacremonoe chemicals present in them.