Mangoes are not just yummy to eat, but also have very good health benefits:
1. Mangoes are loaded with different types antioxidants that help protect from colon, breast, leukemia, & prostate cancers to name a few. Some of some of these compounds are: quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid, and methylgallat.
2. Mangoes are moderately alkaline forming foods in nature that are great remedy to maintain a healthy pH level in the body. The tartaric acid, malic acid, and a trace of citric acid that helps monitor the body’s alkali reserves.
3. Mangoes are a plethora of Vitamin A, C, including 25 other caroteniods which help to boost the immune system.
4. Mangoes contain a good amount of fiber, pectin, and Vitamin C that improves digestion and lowers levels of bad cholesterol.
5. Loaded with beta-carotene and Vitamin C, applying mango to the face could improve the skin’s elasticity and repair the cells. Vitamin A also helps maintain eye health, and prevent dry eyes and night blindness.