1. Helps prevent cancer: In a study done in the University of Michigan Cancer Center, black pepper was found to stop breast cancer tumors. The piperine content of black pepper plays a key role in preventing the development of tumors of cancers. More to it, when combined with turmeric, the anticancer properties of pepper are heightened.
2. Helps in digestion: The piperine content of black pepper aids to the benefits and makes it great remedy for digestion. It stimulates the taste buds in an order to produce more hydrochloric acid.
3. Helps you lose weight: Black pepper helps in the breakdown of fat cells, along with promoting sweating and urination. This is a great way to get rid of excess water and toxins from the body, and these activities help in weight loss.
4. Relieves gas: Known for its carminative properties, which is a substance that prevents the formation of gas in your stomach. Adding pepper to your meals instead of chili powder relieves you from flatulence.
5. Can give you clear skin: Black pepper acts a great exfoliant. Pepper can be applied on your face in a crushed form and added to a face scrub. This helps to get rid of dead skin.