One of my friends gives me excuses all the time about his drinking habits. Even if he is a die-hard fan of just beer, its still alcohol. Each day, he will give anew excuse of how beer is so healthy for the body. But is it true, really? Here are some reasons why beer is so healthy for your body, once in a while:
1. Beer is made from the fermented barley and wheat. It contains the nutrients of the grains, like vitamin B, riboflavin, niacin, and zinc. It also contains a good amount of calcium, potassium, phosphorus, etc. which are very good for the body.
2. Beer is a rich source of soluble fibre, since it is made out of barley. Two glasses of beer could provide around 10% of recommended daily fibre intake.
3. In a study, it was found that the nutrients in beer elevates the effects of the antioxidants in your body.
4. Many studies tell that moderate levels of beer consumption could ward off diabetes and Alzheimer’s. It can also reduce weight gain, if it is moderately consumed.
5. Beer is a good source of silicon, and hence it helps in preventing osteoporosis, which is a very common thing in women.
6. The compounds found in hop is responsible to prevent cancer, and reduce menopausal hot flashes in a woman.