Dates being a natural weight loss food can also be substituted for sweets or colas. It is an ideal snack to put off hunger. Now to some date recipes.
DATES BREAD TOAST
1. Brown bread(preferably) or sandwich bread - 12 slices
2. Butter - 4 tsp
3. Dates -10
1. Soak dates for 30 minutes and grind it in mixer.
2. Apply butter first and the date paste on one side of the bread.
3. Cover it with another Bread.
4. Toast the breads on either side.
DATES AND APPLE MILK SHAKE
1. Apple: 3 Slices
2. Dates:8-10 pieces
3. Cashew: 5-6 pcs
4. Badam: 5-6pcs
5. Honey: 1 tbsp
6. Cooled Milk: 3 glasses
1. Soak badam in water for 1 - 2 hours and peel them.
2. Cut apple, cashew, badam, dates into pieces.
3. Grind apple, dates, cashew, badam in a mixie. Mix the paste in cooled milk, add honey and serve. You can store it in the fridge if necessary.
4. Add richness and nutrition to ordinary day to day recipes as above by adding dates. You an also add dates to home made muffins, biscuits and cookies. Dates an also be added to fruit salads and desserts.