Every one from a child to an adult finds some excuse to eat more chocolates. The health benefits of eating chocolates ie dark chocolates and not milk chocolates which are loaded with sugar are manifold.
Daniele Piomelli, Ph.D professor of anatomy and neurobiology at the University of California says its more than food and less than a drug and confesses that the effects of chocolates on the human body is special.
Here are some...
* Chocolates are linked to heart, brain and other body benefits. Of course, the effect chocolate can have on one's heart is not surprising. Two recent studies found that cardio-vascular health may be improved by regular consumption of chocalte.
* Men who eat chocolate regularly were less likely to have strokes say Swedish researchers who came to a conclusion after having looked into 10 years of data from men's lives.The same group had studied the effects of chocolate on women's health and reported that they found the same thing.Women who ate chocolates had less chance of having a stroke.
* An Italian report says that a chemical found in chocalates are responsible for some older people having improved blood pressure, cognitive and brain function.
* An enterprising cardiologist noted in the New England journal of Medicine that the countries whose residents ate the most chocolates happen to have the highest percentage of Nobel prize winners.
* Nutrition experts say that these findings do not mean that it's OK to eat a big bar or two of chocolate a day as the sugar content outweighs its benefits. However go ahead and treat your kids and loved ones with a bar of dark chocolate on special occasions.