1. It is said that “We spend the early part of our life running after wealth, not too concerned about our health….and in the latter half of our life we spend that very wealth trying to regain our health.” Who does not want to live in the best of health…… the secret to having good health is to add intake of Flaxseeds in your diet. Flaxseed has been in our diets for almost thousands of years. Flax fibers are taken from the stem of the plant. Flax seed are rich source of omega and fiber. Flax seeds may not be pleasing for our taste buds but certainly has high nutritional benefits. Most grocery stores do sell flaxseeds. Consuming 1-2 tablespoon of flaxseed on a daily basis is proven to be safe for most of us.
2. You can add ground flaxseed to almost any food even when cooking or baking, as it is easier to digest. Flaxseed adds valuable nutrients to your food. You can stir in a couple of tablespoons of ground flaxseed to chilled foods too like yogurt, salad dressing etc… One must keep in mind to store the ground flaxseed in an airtight container and thereafter keep it in the refrigerator.
3. This ‘wonder-food’ has multi-faceted advantages:-
* Daily intake of flaxseed may reduce the risk of cancer and tumor growth in breast, colon and prostate.
* It regulates bowel movements and prevents constipation.
* Reduces inflammation associated with arthritis, asthma, Parkinson Disease
* Useful in controlling diabetes and blood pressure
* It reduces the risk of heart disease blood clots, strokes by lowering the total cholesterol.
* Flax seed should be taken with plenty of water and not be taken at the same time as other oral medications or dietary supplements.
Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.