Sweet potato is now the "number one" in the health list of nearly every one.Just one boiled sweet potato contains 500% of our daily intake of Vitamin A, has some calcium, iron and potassium and can provide 37% of our Vitamin C requirement.All these in just 105 calories. It has no fat but 4% of dietary fibre.
ESCAPE HEART ATTACKS WITH SWEET POTATOES
Sweet potatoes are a good source of Vitamin B6 which helps reduce the chemical homocysteine which is linked to degenerative diseases like heart attack.
STAY YOUTHFULL WITH SWEET POTATOES
Having a good content of Vitamin C which plays an important role in bone and tooth formation, blood cell formation and digestion. Accelerates wound healing and produces collagen which helps maintain skin's elasticity and youthfulness.
SWEET POTATOES AND STRONG BONES,HEART AND THYROID FUNCTION
Sweet potatoes are rich in Vitamin D which strengthens bones,heart,nerves,skin and teeth and supports the thyroid gland.
BOOST YOUR IMMUNITY AND METABOLISM WITH SWEET POTATOES
They contain iron which helps with red and white blood cell production and also boosts your immunity and metabolism.
SWEET POTATOES: THE GREAT STRESS BUSTER
Sweet potato is a good source of magnesium , a relaxation and anti-stress mineral, that is necessary for healthy arteries, nerve function,bone and heart muscle.
This is a wonder vegetable that you can incorporate into your family’s diet. I
NOW, FOR A SPICY INDIAN RECIPE!
A versatile vegetable, sweet potatoes can be used in many different ways right from cutlets, to a simple mash, casseroles or desserts.
* Sweet Potatoes-3 Medium or 4-5 small ones
* Fresh Cumin powder-1 tsp
* Fresh Coriander powder-1 tsp
* Green Chillies -2 chopped finely
* Ginger-1 inch crushed
* Cornstarch-2-3 tbsps
* Salt-to taste
* Oil-for shallow frying
* Wash the Sweet potatoes and pressure cook until cooked.
* Peel off the skin of the sweet potatoes mash it and mix all the ingredients except oil.
* Take some of the mix and flatten it into round shaped patties with your hands.
* Heat oil in a non stick pan over medium heat.
* Shallow fry until nicely brown and crispy on both sides.
* Serve hot with some ketchup!