STRESS THE FIRE
The fire is called AGNI in Sanskrit. In Ayurveda the AGNI in a living person is attributed great importance. In short; the natural locations of AGNI and its appropriate behavior in these locations is vitally important for physical and mental health.
It is interesting to understand that we all have trillions of cells where the fire is ablaze! This fire is burning continuously! It is associated with thousands of metabolic activities, hormonal activities, neural activities and changes in sensation (perception), homeostatic responses (feelings) and response (behavior).
When this fire ceases to operate; life ends.
But this same fire is associated with the conscious or subconscious restlessness or stress; that embodies physical, instinctual, emotional and intellectual needs, motivation to fulfill those needs and actions! Hence life is inevitably associated with stress; the fire!
The plants and animals live without freedom to consciously control the fire within them. But we the human beings have such freedom! The evolution and expression of this freedom is precisely; what is stress management.
Further; we the human beings can “see” and “experience” the unity and continuity in universe. Hence; we understand and appreciate that; mere attempts to control the fire in an individual is met with failure. This is why; we get charged with the urge, motivation and freedom to regulate the fire within the universe for individual and global blossoming. This is precisely what is Total Stress Management or superliving!
Let us understand that elimination or eradication of stress is not only impossible; but disastrous and suicidal.
The logical culmination of the stress inseparable from life; is the experience of immortal unity of; the seen and unseen universe; and called LIBERATION, MUKTI or NIRVANA.
The ongoing activity in pursuit of this; constituted the earlier form of Total Stress Management or superliving! They have been central in the human civilization for millennia.
When the question of “Why should we participate in the Total Stress Management or superliving” arises; the answer is; “For our own sake”!
NAMASMARAN (the core of Total Stress Management), which is remembering our true SELF; according to our traditions and religious beliefs; as explained extensively in several of my books; therefore has not only to be practiced, but propagated triumphantly, for our own blossoming in as much as that of the others!
1. Stress: Understanding and Management; Dr. Shriniwas Janardan Kashalikar
2. Namasmaran: Dr. Shriniwas Janardan Kashalikar
3. Smiling Sun: Dr. Shriniwas Janardan Kashalikar
4. Conceptual Stress: Dr. Shriniwas Janardan Kashalikar
5. New Study of Bhagavad Geeta: Dr. Shriniwas Janardan Kashalikar
6. Holistic Medicine: Dr. Shriniwas Janardan Kashalikar
7. Holistic Health: Dr. Shriniwas Janardan Kashalikar
8. Namasmaran (Marathi): Dr. Shriniwas Janardan Kashalikar
9. Tanavmukti (Marathi): Dr. Shriniwas Janardan Kashalikar (Assistance Dr. Suhas Mhetre)
10. Bhovara (Marathi): Dr. Shriniwas Janardan Kashalikar
11. Sahasranetra (Comprehension of Vishnusahasranam; Marathi): Dr. Shriniwas Janardan Kashalikar
12. Thakawa Ghalwa (Marathi): Dr. Shriniwas Janardan Kashalikar
13. Tanavmuktisathi Upayukta Lekh (Marathi): Dr. Shriniwas Janardan Kashalikar
14. SUPERLIVING: (English) Dr. Shriniwas Kashalikar
15. SUPERLIVING: (Marathi) Dr. Shriniwas Kashalikar