Let's move more.
* While you watch TV try to walk fast in that area.
* Instead of sending an e-mail, deliver a message in person to your friends or co-workers.
* Take the stairs to your office or to your apartment as much as you can and as far as you can and take the elevator the rest of the way.
* Catch up with your friends during a walk instead of by phone.
* If it is safe, get off of the bus one stop early and walk the rest of the way home or to work during the week.
Make Healthy Food Choices, All the time !
* Choose to eat more whole grains,vegetables &fruits. Cut back on high-fat & sugary foods like fried foods, whole milk, sweets & cheese. This will help reduce the amount of fat and calories you consume each day.
* Healthy food choices helps you manage your weight and lower your chances of getting type 2 diabetes.
* Cook with less oil and butter.
* Keep away from snacks while watching TV,cooking or cleaning the kitchen.
* Cook with smaller portions of meats and avoid food that is high in salt.
* Instead of salt, cook with a mix of spices.
* For baking or broiling chicken,meat and fish,try different recipes.
* To reduce calories, choose foods with little or no added sugar.
* Instead of white rice ,choose brown rice.
Snack on a veggie
* Buy a mix of vegetables when you go for shopping so that you can always make a large bowl of mixed vegetable soup whenever you are hungry.
* Always choose veggie toppings like broccoli,spinach and peppers for your pizza.
* Have low-fat macaroni and cheese when your serve your favorite vegetable or salad.
SIMPLE STEPS TO FOLLOW ON THE GO!
* Have a big vegetable salad that is low in calories when eating out. Have a small portion of your main dish and wrap the rest to go or share it with a friend.
* Go for grilled chicken (with skin removed) instead of a huge burger .
* Choose a salad and skip the fries and chips.
* Instead of ice cream or cake,order a fruit salad.
This is how you make healthy choices at fast food restaurants.
Think before you drink.
* Carry a water bottle wherever you go and drink water from it.
* Instead of drinking orange juice,peel and eat an orange.
* Opt for fat free milk or skimmed milk ,this will help you to cut down on calories.
* Drink water instead of juice and soda.
Eat smart always
Do not shop on an empty stomach.Have a healthy snack
Read the label
Always read the label & choose foods low in trans fats, cholesterol,saturated fats, salt, and added sugars.
Your Mind, Body, and Soul Needs the Utmost care
* Take time to plan your menu & activity for a week.
* Work out ways to relax. Take a walk , Try Deep breathing, or listening to your favorite music ,all these relieves you of stress.
* Pamper yourself. Take a long bath, Read a book or meditate.
* Always think before you eat. Try not to eat when you are upset, bored or unhappy.
* Finally Keep Track,
A written record of what you eat and how much you move for a week is very important to help you track when you tend to overeat or eat foods high in calories.
May be a good friend,your spouse or parents can help you plan your week's diet and activity and follow it up with you.
Finally you would say "VOW' when you see the results.