Well rested sleep helps maintain physiological functions-neurocognitive functions, cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine and gastro-intestinal systems and helps improve the quality of life.
Also a good sleep increases your productivity and enhances day-time performances. It boosts neurocognitive and emotional functioning shares Dr Preethi.
Research shows that well rested sleep increases creativity, productivity, confidence,decision making skills, relationships,careers and also reduces stress.
Dr Ramakrishnan says that it has been noted that maintaining the circadian rhythm and sleeping well at night and being alert and active during the day helps maintain the right balance of hormones.
NOW, TIPS FOR A WELL RESTED SLEEP
* Simple relaxation techniques such as meditation,bath,reading or family time helps you to unwind before going to bed.
* Exposure to sunlight by taking a brisk morning walk helps to maintain the circadian rhytm.
* Maintain a regular schedule for sleep onset and awakening.
* Regular exercise helps you to sleep well.This should not be done nearing bedtime.
* Optimum temperature,noise and lighting in the bedroom help you sleep better.
* Sleep as much as you require good rest and refreshment, but not more. Once you wake up, get out of bed.Snoozing after you wake up reduces your sleep efficiency.
* Having Caffeine, chocolates, tea, carbonated drinks, smoking and stimulants late evening disturb sleep.
* Hunger prevents sleep. Eating a light evening meal improves sleep.
* Last but not the least, daytime sleep help some sleep better at night, while others sleep poorly after them.
Individuals should determine if naps are beneficial to them.
HAVE A GREAT AND WELL RESTED SLEEP