Cold is one of the most irritating thing that could happen to you, especially when a big party is coming up, or a big presentation, or even for a normal day. Read on various ways to cure cold easily:
1. Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine: If you avoid alcohol and caffeine until you get well, it would get cured soon. Caffeine and alcohol dehydrate your body. Drink warm lemon water to replace the lost fluids through mucus and fever.
2. Increase the Humidity: Moist air often helps to reduce congestion and coughing. If there is a humidifier or a vapouriser, available in your house, clean it to prevent bacterial growth, and use it. If it is not available, try to have a steamy bath or shower.
3. Gargle with Salt Water: Salt helps to draw excess fluid from your inflamed throat tissues, easing your pain. Warm some water and add two tablespoon of salt in the water, and gargle.
4. Eat Raw Honey: Honey is proven to be a natural cough suppressant. It has shown better results than the over-the-counter cough syrup. Eat a spoonful of raw honey, or mix it with your herbal tea for better results.
5. Eat Chicken Soup: This is an old remedy from time; chicken soup has shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, and they speed up movement of nasal mucus. This relieves from congestion, which limits your nasal lining exposure to cold virus.
6. Sleep Well: Getting too little sleep also increases the time you take to recover from your illness. Sleeping is a stress buster and produces cytokines and other immunity cells. Hence, take good rest to recover soon from your cold.