Alcohol is subject of many discussions.
Two questions are commonly asked by people when I talk to them about alcohol.
First, is not alcohol good? Second, how much alcohol one should take.
Answer for the first question. We all drink water. Water is considered essential for health. It is good for health. But if we take four glass of water every half an hour soon we will fall unconscious. Kidney will not be able to remove excess water. The brain will like you to stop. So it will take clues from the increasing water in the blood and will rather tell you to stop. That means water in excess quantity is bad for health. That also means that body has a capacity for water ingestion. Beyond that capacity if we force to drink more water it is harmful. It is harmful like a poison. Our body has limited capacity to metabolise alcohol. We normally consume more than that. Therefore it can not be good. The answer to second question is simple and flows from the first. Poison is never taken willingly in any quantity. It should be always kept safe and out of reach. Therefore, alcohol is a poison and is harmful in any quantity.