1. Lemons help to restore the pH of the body as they are acidic in nature.
2. Lemons are a rich source of vitamin C and flavonoids which are known to work against flu and cold.
3. Lemons help to clear your bowels, by helping to create a bowel movement. Hence, they help in eliminating the toxins and waste of our body.
4. Lemons help to cure scurvy, which is also known as the Salior’s Disease. A glass of lemon juice everyday helps to keep scurvy at bay.
5. The citric acid in lemon juice, or the acidic nature of lemon helps to dissolve calcium deposits, and kidney stones.
6. Vitamin C in lemons works as anti-oxidants to the free radicals linked to aging and most types of disease.
7. The lemon peel is also considered to be healthy, as they contain the potent phytonutrient tangeretin, which has been proven to be effective on Parkinson’s disease.
8. Lemon also is believed to destroy intestinal worms.
9. Lemons have powerful antibacterial properties, as they are highly acidic in nature. Lemon juice is potent to kill the cells of malaria, bacteria, and other viruses.