There are many factors which affect the calcium absorption kn our body, some of them are listed here in this blog:
Factors that Affect Your Calcium Absorption in Body:
1. The more you consume calcium, the less your body absorbs it. Hence, you should monitor the total intake of calcium everyday, to let your body absorb everything.
2. Your age is another factor that decides how much calcium your body can absorb. Children absorb around 60% of calcium from foods, whereas adults absorb only 20%. The amount of calcium absorbed decreases with age, and people who are older than 50 years should eat more calcium rich foods.
3. Vitamin D is another factor that helps you to absorb calcium in our body. The viramin D is found in food items, and also in sunshine.
4. Pregnancy: Those women, who are pregnant, absorb more calcium in their body.
5. A diet high in sodium, protein, alcohol, and caffeine could harm the absorption and retention of calcium inbyour body. They cause more calcium to be excreted out of the body. Alcohol also interferea with metabolism of vitamin D.