Did you know that green beans are a good low calorie source of fiber and protein which can keep your stomach full for a long time helping burn excess fat and thereby reducing your weight. There are many other varieties of seeds which belong to the bean family like the kidney beans, soya beans, white beans. yellow beans etc. These beans when consumed gives your body 2-3 times more protein which is important for good health. One must keep in mind that after soaking dried beans overnight do throw away any beans that float to the top and do remember to discard the water, as this contains flatulence producing indigestible carbohydrates. Also while purchasing green beans at your vegetable store make sure to select tender long green beans rather than overly matured ones.
Green Beans offer a high degree of anti-oxidant properties and infection preventing qualities as they are low in fat and high in quality protein. The secret to having good health is to add beans in your daily diet. Consuming beans will benefit you in many ways-
* Eating Green beans can improve your bone density too.
* Daily intake of green beans may reduce the risk of cancer and tumor growth in colon and prostate
* Green Beans being rich in lignans, helps in preventing osteoporosis.
* Useful in controlling diabetes and blood pressure
* It regulates bowel movements and prevents constipation.
* It reduces the risk of heart disease and strokes by lowering the total cholesterol.
* The Flavonoids in beans helps in reducing LDL Cholesterol
* Eases the symptoms of Menopause and PMS in women
Beans are considered to be very nutritious as they are rich in vitamins and minerals like copper, folic acid, iron magnesium and is ideal for people who do not consume meat. You can add beans to any kind food be it in your stews, salads, soups vegetable stir fry etc… One must keep in mind to store fresh green beans in a perforated bag and thereafter kept in the refrigerator.
Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.