1. Keep a log of what you eat, including chewing gum and candy, for seven days.
2. Compare this to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s food pyramid and learn to balance your diet.
3. Cut down on snacks to limit acid attacks on your teeth.
4. Reduce consumption of sugar, which leads to tooth decay
5. Opt for sugar-free candy, breath mints and cough drops
6. Eat fruits, such as strawberries, pears or plums, which contain xylitol. Xylitol is a 5-carbon sugar that slows down the production of plaque.
7. Eat teeth-friendly foods such as cheese and peanuts.