Miscarriage is the most traumatizing thing in a woman’s life. Miscarriage early during pregnancy happens due to chromosomal problems in the foetus. Late miscarriages generally happen due to some problems with the mother like bleeding disorders or blood-vessel problems. Women who suffer from diabetes, heart disease or high blood pressure could experience miscarriages if their health is not taken care of.
Now the obvious question that arises is that what women can do to prevent miscarriages? There are several things that a mother can do to have a healthy pregnancy.
- This range from eating a healthy and nutritious diet to taking regular folic acid supplementation. Follow a nutritious diet plan that limits fat intake and includes plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- For a healthy pregnancy one needs to exercise regularly. Walking or yoga is ideal for those who plan to have a baby. Fresh air is very important. So one should make it a point to be out door at least for some time.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and quit smoking completely. Passive smoking is also injurious for health.
- Maintain a healthy weight. There is a tendency amongst over weight people to have miscarriages.
- Consumption of caffeine in any form should be reduced.
- If you are depressed for no reason take help from doctors. Stop worrying and be happy. Stay calm and me in the company of people who make you feel happy.
- Avoid exposure to radiation or any chemicals.
- Before taking any medication ask the doctor.
- Take a lot of rest. Sleep for at least eight hours. Avoid strain and do not take any work pressure.
Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.