How many of us parents tend to blow their tops at their children’s immature and stubborn behavior or say when their child accidentally spills a glass of milk while drinking. The reasons to this impulsive, erratic and brash behavior by parents could be many, probably a bad day at work, health related issues n ot feeling too good and so on... can lead to such behavior. I know in today’s generation handling these gadget freak kids is highly impossible.
But one must remember, parents play a very important part in their children’s upbringing. They serve as role models for their kids and hence have a maximum influence on them. Your kids imbibe the qualities and values and traditions from you. Remember children are very observant they notice each minute gesture and movement of yours and learn. The way you behave and talk has a big impact in your child's behavior. I understand that nobody can be perfect, all of us be it kids or grown-ups at some point in our lives act illogical and strange when it comes to handling our day to day chores. Every family has to go through their share of crisis or have tough times in their lives, nevertheless what is more important is the way we handle these situations in a positive and intelligent manner.
Your love and care for your child determines how he will grow up to be in future, perhaps more sensitive, sensible and more positive towards life. A parent can influence their children in many ways-
* One must not forget that a very strong family backup plays a very important role in your child's development.
* Praising them for their good work is very essential as it boosts up their ego and keeps them motivated and in high spirits.
* Try and center your attention on your kids whenever possible as talking and listening to their innocent ideas will thereby strengthen their sense of importance and builds confidence and trust in them.
* Research has proven that being involved in your children's learning helped them to perform well at school as well helped in changing their overall behavior.
* Inculcating more positive values, promoting a sense of responsibility and discipline in them is extremely necessary for the kids of this generation.
* Remember a more constructive and sensitive parenting helps the whole family to flourish. It's important to stay connected as a family no matter what age your child is in.
So, folks do remember to give your child a nice big hug and a kiss and all that unconditional love they deserve.