Save our Planet and Save ourselves
As global citizens of this beautiful planet we need to take immediate steps to control global temperatures from reaching a dangerously high levels. We can do our own bit by helping out and some of the measures include –
• Using less fossil fuels and electricity – switch off lights, fans, air-conditioners, computers etc. when not required
• Buy energy-efficient products such as compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs
• Recycling paper, plastics and whatever we can
• Planting more trees
• Using solar heaters to heat water
• Harnessing alternate sources of “clean” energy such as solar and wind energy -that do not emit carbon dioxide are some sure ways to reduce global warming.
• Avoid wastage of food and water
If you have more suggestions add them in our comments box. For more detailed saving methods read our next section on Global warming.