Though there are many reasons for mouth ulcers originating from GI tract, one should get treated for the root cause.
However, in order to control localized ulcers, there are certain home remedies which will help and gives desirable results.
- Simple usage of honey: Gargling with1tsp of honey and spit it out will yield good results.
- Indian plum or Jambula extract juice is useful for gargling by diluting it with water.
- Gargling with the water of the Adulsa (justicia adhadota) also brings about an instant relief from the mouth ulcer pains.
- Mix a ripened banana in curds(cow’s milk) and eat it as dessert.
- Bark of the amla root mixed with honey is applied to aphthous inflammations.
- Amla leaves decoction is also useful for the same.
Santhigiri Healthcare Centre, Mumbai