The Indian climate is ideal for the growth of spices. 75 types of spices are produced in India. The ancient and medieval ages also adored Indian spices. The spices are mainly grown in the states of Kerala, Punjab, Gujarat and so on. Apart from exporting to other countries, the Indian spices are used within the country for medicinal, perfumery, cosmetics and other purposes.
Spices have anti-oxidant, preservative, appetizing and digestive properties. Spices have special medicinal value.
1. Asafoetida is a remedy for whooping cough and stomach ache.
2. Bay leaf contains antifungal and antibacterial properties.
3. Cardamon can control bad breath digestive disorder.
4. Chilli's antioxidants help to cope with cholesterol and burn calories.
5. Cinnamon helps in natural insulin production. Clove is good for tooth ache and gums. Clove is also a remedy for chest pain, fever, and digestive problems.
6. Garlic helps to cope with cough and cold and has antibiotic properties.
7. Ginger avoids digestive problems.
8. Pepper helps to cope with cough, cold, infections. It can also stop Muscle pains and digestive problems.
9. Cumin is a good iron source and when it is boiled with water it copes with dysentery.
10. Turmeric deals with skin problems and heals wounds.