A healthy smile is always a beautiful smile. In order to maintain your healthy smile you need to take care of your gums and teeth. To keep your teeth for lifetime and to achieve beautiful smile is not a big deal anymore.
Keep following things in mind and practice them on regular basis:
- Brush your teeth twice a day, once in morning and once before bedtime.Brush in morning to feel fresh and get rid of foul odor.At night saliva content decreases and this helps in formation of plaque on the tooth surface. It is highly recommended to brush after evening meal.
- Brush according to your diet plan. After consumption of acidic food avoid brushing for half an hour as acid weakens the outer layer (enamel).
- Brushing after consumption of carbohydrate rich food is highly recommended as these foods can stick on the tooth surface and form a film of bacteria on tooth surface that will deteriorate the dental health.
- Always Use soft bristle tooth brush.
- Replace your toothbrush after every three month.
- Brush your teeth for 2 -5 minutes with correct and proper brushing technique.
- Rinse after every meal.
- Floss once or twice a day to remove food debris stuck in between the teeth where tooth brush does not reach.
- Decrease the intake of food rich in carbohydrate. Avoid beverages like tea, coffee as such ingredients cause staining on tooth surface. Eat balanced diet and decrease the intake of snacks.
- Remember: brushing”, “flossing” and “rinsing”.
Above instructions will give you sound dental health.
To achieve white, shiny, sparkling teeth keep in mind following methods:
- Baking soda: use a pinch of baking soda mixed with few drops of lemon juice or water. Apply this mixture on tooth brush and brush your teeth for one minute and rinse thereafter.
- Salt: make a paste of salt with water and brush on your teeth for 5 minutes.
- Orange peel: it contains natural solvent d-limonene that helps to remove plaque and whitens your teeth.
- Cider vinegar: place your tooth brush in vinegar solution for 5-10 minutes. Brush your teeth. Rinse your teeth to make sure no vinegar stays on your tooth surface. Repeat this process once a week only.
- Strawberries: strawberries contain malic acid and vitamin c that helps in whitening of teeth. Mash strawberries and brush with this mixture twice a week.
- Fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin c like tomatoes, lemons, berries, papaya, oranges breaks down the plaque that is causing teeth to turn yellow. Rub these on your tooth for 5-10 minutes and rinse thereafter.
Home remedies do give effective results but may fail to give desired results.Visit your dentist and get a professional bleaching (whitening) of teeth.Make a regular visit to your dentist and get a routine checkup done. Visit your dentist once a six month and get professional clean up done to maintain dental health.
“Make your smile your signature accessory”.