Besides cooking, coconut oil has some amazing uses that you might not have heard of? Coconut oil is the edible oil obtained from the meat or kernel of coconut fruit (matured). Coconut oil is extensively used in medicine and food industry.
Amazing uses of coconut oil:
* Coconut oil is an effective oral cleansing agent.
* It is a widely used ingredient in lip balms.
* It is a combo beauty product- eye makeup remover, moisturizer and a good eye cream.
* The right amount of coconut oil acts as a great hair mask. it gives that extra sheen and shine to your hair.
* A surprising use of coconut oil is its usage in coffee as a replacement of processed vegan creamer.
* Coconut oil is also an effective remedy for baby’s diaper rash. With its amazing moisturizing properties, it makes baby’s skin soft and nourished.
* You can also make your vegan butter with coconut oil. This can save you from buying processed tub margarine form the supermarket.
* Coconut oil is also effective in soothing cracked nipples. The commercially available nipple creams are quite expensive, coconut oil can come to your rescue. It is surely a great DIY option.
* Coconut oil is a potent cuticle cream. Simply massage it on your cuticle for few minutes and make them soft and hydrated.
* Coconut oil is also useful in reducing pregnancy stretch marks.
* It can also lighten age spots if rubbed directly on the skin.
* Due to high amount of lauric acid, coconut oil boosts metabolism and keeps you healthy and agile.